Garmin Express is an application for managing the Garmin devices and to install all the map updates. It gives you alerts whenever the new updates are available so that the users can install them easily. You can download the application from garmin.com/mapupdates. Hence, follow the below-given steps for updating your maps.
Map Updates Garmin.com/mapupdates
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, go to garmin.com/mapupdates. It will take you to a new window, click on Download Garmin Express tab. This will start downloading the software.
- Once the download finishes, double-click the file.
- View the license agreement of the software and if you agree to it, click on the Install button. Once the installation finishes, click on the Launch Garmin Express icon to open the application.
- Now, connect your Garmin device to your system with the help of a USB cable.
- Next, click on Add a Device icon on your computer and the software will start searching for your Garmin device.
- Once the screen says connected, click on the blue “Add Device” button which is given below your device name. You can also click on the “search again” link if you have not found your device.
- After that, register your device by entering your email address. Then, click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- In the next screen, Sync with Garmin Connect and then sign in to your account. Follow the below-given instructions for signing in:
- Click on the blue Garmin Login button.
- Then, Enter your email address and password into the given fields that you used at the time of account creation. After that, click on the sign-in button again.
- In case, you have not created your Garmin account before, click on create an account and follow the on-screen instructions for account creation and sign in.
- In the next window, you need to synchronize your settings. Enter your device nickname and select your preferred language. Then, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom.
- Now, you need a high-speed internet for installing all the map updates. For that, set a Wifi network if you want a wireless connection.
- Otherwise, use an ethernet cable for wired connection. When the connection is established, click on the blue Next button.
- Now, read all the terms and conditions of the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. If you agree with the agreement, click on the Yes button. It will start setting up your device.
- Once the setup is completed, click on the “Sync” tab and wait for syncing.
- Now, the software will start checking for all the map updates. You need to click on the Garmin Connect icon to view data.
- Then, click on the view details, and it will show you a list of all the software and map updates.
- Choose your preferred map updates from the list and then click on the Install button located next to your map update.
- While the updates are installing, it will show you a dialog box of terms and conditions. Read all the terms carefully and if you agree to it, click on the Accept button given there.
- Make sure that you do not unplug your device or shut down your computer in between the installation process.
- When all the map updates are installed, You’re up to date will display on your screen.
This completes the installation process from garmin.com/mapupdates.